Sunday, July 4, 2010

You Don't Look a Day Over 210, America!


Happy Birthday America! We live in the greatest country God has given man and this experiment called America is going strong at 234! "The 'Right' Solutions" would like to wish you all a Happy Independence Day and hope that you have a great time with family and friends, be it watching fireworks, spending time at the beach, pool, barbecues, etc. Let's also take a moment to remember the true meaning of this day; the bravery with which our Founders carried themselves and led the way so we could be an independent nation, as well as the members of our military, whose courage and sacrifice have allowed us to celebrate July 4th after July 4th. Let's hope today's leaders in America will train tomorrow's leaders so that we can celebrate another 234!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the video clip AND the sentiments you expressed :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! While I like my BlackBerry very much, the video I took did not do justice to what I posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to comment on this. Eleven days late isn't terrible, right?

    That line about remembering the bravery of the founders really resonates here in Philadelphia. A couple days after the Fourth of July, I picked Jeff up after work (um, my fiance Jeff, not my brother Jeff, and yes, they have the same name and no it's not too weird) so we could run an errand. He works directly across the street from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. No matter how many times I'm down in that area, no matter how bad the traffic is or how many ugly security barriers they set up, the richness of that history never fails to hit me. It's inspiring and humbling, and despite how much time has passed it never gets old. Being there makes me want to be a better citizen, even if that instinct does tend to get a bit lost afterward in the day-to-day details of life.

    Kind of makes you wonder how the city government can be such a mess, given the setting, but I digress ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except for the Philadelphia Eagles (and many of their fans), I think Philadelphia is a great city. Lots of great neighborhoods and history, as well as great restaurants, and one of these days, if I can pull myself away from the Two Rivers Area of the Jersey Shore, I'll have to spend the 4th there.

    ReplyDelete