Monday, September 20, 2010

Is Christine O'Donnell the new Sarah Palin?



The first time I heard this, I thought of the above classic sitcom. In terms of this criticism, what a joke! When this news first came of light, many of my friends who are supporting O'Donnell texted me and called me tell me they were worried. I assured them that it will soon come out the accusation was a fraud. And I was proven correct.

First, let's recall who dropped this video: Bill Maher, a comedian who thinks he's a pundit, (but really possesses the on-air characteristics of a 2nd rate game show host) who has one failed show and another show that is only seen by viewers if they subscribe to HBO. Since Bill Maher is going to continue to blackmail Christine O'Donnell and drop out-of-context clips with the intent of damaging her campaign and gaining attention to his fledgling show, let's be reminded why "PI" is off the air:



Seriously, who cares about who Christine O'Donnell dated in high school. I think many of us would look back on who we dated in high school and college and say, "what were we thinking!" I care about how she will vote in the Senate, as I hope the Delaware voters do. When push comes to shove, I'd rather have someone in the Senate who was mature enough to take an introspective analysis of herself and embrace God to bring about a change her life, rather than someone who was a Klansman (and used the N-word in public), plagiarist, cheater, liar (under oath), committed Marxist (who is a tax-hiker), or someone who embraced Anti-American racists and terrorists. Frankly, I think the latter mentions and the fact that many overlook them, are more offensive than anything the media may throw at Christine O'Donnell.

We saw this treatment of Christine O'Donnell reminiscent of what Sarah Palin went through in 2008 during the presidential campaign. It may lead many to ask if the media is sexist as a result of their target of conservative women. Additionally, it may backfire on the left and give O'Donnell the opportunity to gain support.

Like Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell is part of the growing group Gen-Xers who, as I have previously mentioned, have the potential to lead our generation to not only become the 9-11 Generation, but lead the country, restore government's adherence to the Constitution and embrace our American Exceptionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment