Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tim Scott to fill Jim DeMint's Senate Seat


As you all know, I have been away from my computer in the Most Magical Place on Earth, but I am now back! A lot has happened since I was away. One positive item upon which I wish to touch is the appointment of a new Senator from South Carolina, Tim Scott!

With Jim DeMint's resignation so that he may lead The Heritage Foundation, South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has wisely appointed Scott to fill the seat. Tim Scott is a consistent conservative who is the best choice to fill the shoes of Jim DeMint, while also meeting and exceeding the expectations of the voters of South Carolina.

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Tim Scott in Washington DC at a political conference, where he was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to meet with us. Since 2010, he has proven to be an ally to Conservatives and I believe his presence in the Senate will be quite needed, while doing a lot of good. I will leave you with a video excerpt of Scott's speech on the day that I met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment