Friday, June 4, 2010

"My Bad!" So refreshing to hear...wish we could hear this from our politicians

I'll admit it, in terms of sports, first and foremost, I'm a football guy (go GIANTS and JETS), as a result, summer is a slow sports season. I don't dislike baseball, but outside of going to a game or two, especially if I'm in a city where I haven't been to their ballpark, but I really don't watch until the end of the season/playoffs and World Series and will pay closer attention when the Yankees are in it. As a result, I was a little late with this story. To quote Warner Wolf, "Let's go to the videotape:"



What we see here is a clear indication of a blown call by umpire Jim Joyce stealing Armando Galaragga's perfect game. A crime in the eyes of many baseball fans, and yes, even in the eyes of those who don't consistently watch baseball. In spite of this officiating error, Jim Joyce was remorseful about his call and took full responsibility. Below is the post-game interview:



In this press conference, Joyce flat out says, "My bad!" While robbing a pitcher of a perfect game, after seeing the error of ways, Jim Joyce showed class, and inspired those in leadership positions as he took full responsibility for his actions. I believe that Joyce is making an honest attempt at repenting that error in judgment and in the end, he will be more respected. A good leader will admit when he/she is wrong and go about to make amends for their error, as well as face and accept the appropriate consequences for those actions.

Seeing this made me think what's going on in Washington. We have a president who blaming his predecessor as inspiration to implement his agenda and as a focus of fault when his agenda fails, instead of taking responsibility, trying to fix or changing direction. He blames others and keeps moving forward. Americans are growing wary of this lack of leadership and what we saw in the Summer of 2009 with Americans voicing their displeasure will likely continue this summer and into the 2010 Midterm Election.

While I could not find a montage of the evidence, here are a few clips (read McCain's lips in the first one)








No comments:

Post a Comment