Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Donald Trump Interviewed by Rush Limbaugh


In mid-February, I did a post on Donald Trump, his speech to CPAC and questions surrounding his possible candidacy. As a result of this column, I received a few emails and got into some deep and insightful conversations with those who emailed. Today, Rush Limbaugh interviewed Donald Trump on his show (audio will follow once someone posts it) and right off the bat, Limbaugh asked Trump about his donations to Democrats, specifically, newly elected Chicago Mayor, Rahm Emanuel. I had an earlier assumption these donations were done in the interests of his business, which Limbaugh noted and Trump did not deny, but Trump also added that Rahm is a friend, as a result knowing him through his brother Ari, who is Trump's agent. I kind of like Trump's loyalty and as I stated when I first started "The 'Right' Solutions," it's a quality that is seldom seen in society these days. That being said, I am concerned about his connection the the Emanuel brothers and I ask myself if they will return Trump's loyalty and support him if he runs (probably not).

Through his actions, Trump also shows that he wasn't doing long term planning in running for president, as he claims, otherwise he would not have donated to Democrats, knowing he'd come under fire.

If he enter into the fray, I would be very interested in hearing Donald Trump's opinions on domestic and foreign policy...maybe Rush will have him back, or he will use another forum to articulate those views.

No comments:

Post a Comment