Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sad News out of Orlando: Jaws is Closing


Every time I'm in the Orlando Area, I pay a visit to Disney, but occasionally, I will head to the other side of town to visit Universal Orlando, which contains Universal Studios Florida and Universal Islands of Adventure; two of the best non-Disney theme parks in the US. Having visited since it opened, I know the classics of Universal Studios Florida well, one of them being Jaws, which takes guests on a "boat tour of Amity Harbor" where they have multiple "near death" encounters with Jaws. Since 1990, this ride is always a crowd pleaser and can even scare the heck out of someone who knows it well. Come January 2, 2012, Jaws will close forever, as the ride and the Amity section of the park will be developed. This is very, very sad news for me, as this is my constant favorite ride, but I have faith the replacement will be just as good, as Universal's track record is pretty good here, replacing King Kong with Revenge of the Mummy and Back to the Future with The Simpsons.

As Jaws closes forever, I'd like to leave you with a memory of this classic, ground-breaking attraction, with one of the best videos I've seen of the ride on YouTube. RIP, Jaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment