Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Monica Crowley on Chris Christie and Leadership

The other night, I had the pleasure of meeting Monica Crowley and hearing her speak. She was gracious in coming around to meet and speak to everyone gathered, took a few questions and even stayed after her speech to mingle. In her speech, she talked about leadership in reference to the decisions of Governor Chris Christie and at that moment, I got my BlackBerry ready. Here is the clip I took: (I was sitting farther back from her podium, so I apologize for the grainy picture...but the sound is good. The BlackBerry rocks!!!)



As my readers may remember, I earlier commented on leadership. Monica's comments on Chris and his practice of leadership skills aligned with my post and are dead on. I am sure all my readers don't agree with the Governor, but you have to admit, the decisions he's made and the way he has gone about governing align with what makes a good leader. He's not blaming Corzine every day, but instead is rolling up his sleeves, applying solutions to correct his predecessor's acts. He's making the tough decisions to make the corrections (so we don't become California) and is governing not with the interest of getting re-elected, but with the interest of doing what he promised to do on the campaign trail.

While it may be too early to see if we've turned the corner, there was a good sign today.

No comments:

Post a Comment