Thursday, May 27, 2010

A very nice writeup on a great place



In planning and writing The Calling to Lead, I used settings that were very familiar to me and special to me in some way. One such setting is Long Branch, New Jersey. In this seaside city, my parents met, I had my senior prom at the beautiful Ocean Place and it is my favorite beach destination in Monmouth County. Within The Calling to Lead, many events of the story take place in Long Branch. It has a Miami vibe to it, especially in the area of Pier Village and the Ocean Place, and in the past 10 years, while I don't agree with every method used, Long Branch has been through many excellent changes that have done wonders for the city.

New Jersey Monthly magazine just did an excellent article on Long Branch's Renaissance. And a good friend of mine would probably not be happy with me if I didn't mention that in addition to driving, (Garden State Parkway exits 117, 109 or 105) you can take the North Jersey Coast Line to Long Branch as the train station is only 3 blocks from the beach. Be sure to check it out and visit over the summer to see Long Branch at its best. Below are some additional pics I took in Long Branch:







No comments:

Post a Comment