Monday, August 8, 2011

On Huckabee


Last weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a taping of Huckabee, former Governor Mike Huckabee's program, which is aired every weekend on the Fox News Channel.

It was an absolutely wonderful experience and my first time meeting the Governor. While I may not agree with all positions he takes on the issues, he is incredibly personable and a very nice man! The stories I've heard from friends who have met him or worked for him are consistent with my experience! He spoke with every member of the audience for a significant amount of time and he posed for pictures.

One of his guests on the show was the co-founder of Learn Our History, a series of academic animated shorts about various events and eras in American History, that include perspectives textbooks do not mention (more on this later). Each audience member was given a copy of the 9-11 DVD; the one which was the cause of Governor Huckabee coming under some recent unfair criticism.

I'd be remiss if I didn't give a special shoutout and thanks to the Fox News Channel and Huckabee staff for their professionalism and accommodating nature! I hope to go back again soon and I recommend that if you find yourself in New York City, look into attending a Huckabee taping...it's more enjoyable than Conan and David Letterman were!

No comments:

Post a Comment