Thursday, February 2, 2012

10 Years @ #1


For the past 10 years, the Fox News Channel has held the top of the ratings at Cable News. To celebrate, some personalities, including Greta Van Susteren, were invited to open Nasdaq. (Something I would one day hope to do, especially if The Calling to Lead is published!)

In the past, I've explained the difference of hard news and analysis, and while I won't go into that again, I will tell you that Fox News and Roger Ailes (who it can be argued, saved Richard Nixon's political career) have learned viewers don't want the journalists from whom they get their news to take a position on that hard news, and they want a more equal number of Conservative analysts and Liberal analysts. Viewers accepted Fox News's presentation and I don't see Fox deviating, therefore, they will still be at the top for ten years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment