Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Petraeus?

News was breaking all over the Drudge Report today about the possibility of Retired General and current CIA Director, David Petraeus, being considered as Mitt Romney's running mate.

Petraeus would be a formidable figure, would be an even bigger surprise than Sarah Palin, but would also greatly change the narrative of the campaign. The General has a great background and is an American I admire very much. While I believe he would make a great VP and am not surprised about the growing rift between Petraeus and the president, I just do not see it happening. Despite his formidable and articulate nature as a leader, he has stated time and again, he is not interested in a political career, and I take him at his word.

Back in June, I analyzed the possible VP picks and still believe the pick comes out of those names. I have my fingers crossed for Marco Rubio or Bobby Jindal, but I predict it is most likely to be Rob Portman. With the unpredictable nature of this campaign season, I am not as confident as I was back in 2008 about the pick, but in a few days, we shall all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment