As the left examines what happened, just as this president has done for the past four years, they now go to the blame game. So far, they've tried to pin it on the following:
- Jim Lehrer: He's old, he didn't control the debate, he let Mitt Romney run wild
- The Denver Altitude: Having to adjust to being 5280 ft above sea level for only five hours before debating caused him problems. Phony excuse, especially for someone who has previously been to Colorado.
- Romney's character: Romney "lied" to win.
- Romney's personality: Not even close to Al Gore in the first and third debate of 2000
- Racism and the 2007 speech: Obama couldn't be the "angry black man" and that put him off his game.