Friday, May 25, 2012

It's Memorial Day and I Wan't a Day Off!!!


This apparently isn't a new happening, but President Obama will be taking the day off on Memorial Day and won't be laying a wreath or delivering an address at the Tomb of the Unknowns, as has been the custom of past presidents.


This is very unfortunate and to me, shows what he sees as his priorities. And to do this when his commitment to the military is questioned is dumb and continues to open up perceptions about that commitment. As Commander in Chief, it should be imperative he does this and if I wore the uniform, (Even if he may not know the true meaning of Memorial Day.) I'd be questioning why my Commander can't get himself there, while I may have to be in some desert or foreign base protecting the United States; far away from the beach and Memorial Day cookouts.

I ask members of our military to look closely at this, ask yourself where this president's priorities are and think about that answer this November.

No comments:

Post a Comment